Virtual reality and augmented reality already enrich many areas of production today. Using VR applications, it is possible, during the planning phase, to check whether machines in the production line are ideally positioned, whether workpieces can be machined, and whether safety-relevant aspects are met. Even complete production plants can be virtually explored before they physically exist. With the help of AR applications, a worker can import important real-time data onto his AR glasses during his work. Service staff can have information projected into their field of vision to assist them with machine maintenance. VR/AR applications can be used in workshops to convey assignments in a way that makes it easy to understand and remember them, and try them out interactively. These are just a few examples. The possible fields of application are numerous.
However, the perfect transfer of the CAD/CAE data for the machines, components and modules to the VR/AR application is the only way of creating added value for companies. The quality of the interface is what counts here. It defines how well and in what detail the data from the design program is converted in the virtual model. At Feynsinn, we help companies to implement VR/AR applications from the production development stage through to maintenance and quality control, or staff training. To this end, we use technologies from the computer and video games industry, also known as game engines. These are freely programmable modules that enable just about any application to be depicted. As an independent service company, we use the software tools available on the market, concentrating in particular on the two leading applications on the market, Unity3D and Unreal. In close cooperation with EDAG, our parent company, we offer our customers another source of added value: quotations for VR/AR, electrical engineering and model making can be jointly submitted.
Our services at a glance
- Analysis and identification of areas in production in which the use of VR/AR creates added value
- Recommendation of measures
- Customised conception and strategic development
- Efficient and sustainable implementation of the measures selected
- Transfer of CAD data to the VR/AR applications
- Development of individual software solutions, to enable CA data (CATIA and/or NX) to be put to good use in the game engine
- Setup and compilation of scenes in the VR/AR environment, with the functions required