Virtual reality and augmented reality applications have the potential to radically transform a company’s product development. Development engineers can experience a whole new dimension of design studies or concepts in VR. Realistic 3D visualisation makes it possible for visual and functional analyses of styling and design data to be carried out. The presentation of technical facts enables physical effects to be tested in real time during the early development phase. Shortcoming and styling and design errors can be detected and quickly corrected at an early stage, and the entire process becomes faster and less expensive.The perfect interaction of the CAD/CAE infrastructure with the VR software is crucial when using VR/AR technologies. How well and in what detail the data from the design program is converted in the virtual model depends on the quality of the interface of the VR/AR program.
At Feynsinn, we have been helping product development companies to use state-of-the-art visualisation technologies for more than 10 years: from consulting, through conception to implementation. We focus on technologies from the computer and video games industry. The game engines used here are freely programmable modules that enable just about any application to be covered, With our software-independent concept, we stand for reliable advice and target-oriented implementation. We use all standard tools available on the market, and concentrate in particular on two of the leading applications on the market, Unity3D and Unreal. The fact that we enjoy close links with EDAG, our parent company, enables us to offer our customers added value: combined quotations for hardware, electrical engineering and VR/AR can be submitted.
Our services at a glance
- Analysis and identification of areas in which VR/AR can be put to sound use
- Recommendation of measures
- Customised conception and strategic development
- Efficient & sustainable production/implementation of the measures selected
- Transfer of CAD data to the VR/AR application
- Development of individual software solutions, to enable CA data (CATIA and/or NX) to be used in the game engine
- Setup and compilation of scenes with the functions required in the VR/AR environment
- Validation of design drafts in the early phase
- Ergonomic testing in the fields of visibility and accessibility
- Material distribution testing in the colour and trim process
- Mixed reality models in conjunction with hardware mockups
- HMI testing in the virtual vehicle
- Checking and comparing variants